Many women are more concerned with their faces than their hands, feeling that no one really sees them. However, our hands are our most sensitive and intimate form of communication and you can imagine how many of them you use every day. You type, cook, wash dishes, get dressed ...... , almost everything is done with your hands.
Our hands are equally exposed to strong UV rays, which can cause them to age faster. On top of this, frequent hand washing dries out the skin and removes natural oils. Therefore, when we neglect our hands, we leave them defenceless against these effects and prone to signs of ageing such as hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and dehydration.
For these reasons, we recommend that you make hand care a priority this year. Here's everything you need to know about applying hand cream and its benefits.
1. Keep your hands clean. Hand creams contain antibacterial chemicals that prevent airborne bacteria from invading your skin.
2. Gives your skin a natural scent. One of the greatest benefits of using hand creams is of course the fragrance. Choosing the right scent for you can add the subtlest touch of glamour to your day and to the people you come into contact with.
3. Smoother skin. The lactic acid and urea elements in hand creams can treat dryness and also smooth out the tiny cracks that make your skin rough and sensitive. This helps to keep your skin healthy and vibrant.
4. Makes skin softer. Hand creams contain moisturising ingredients that not only lock in moisture and prevent water loss, but also soften the skin, cuticles and nails.
5. Makes your skin look younger. Consistent use of hand creams protects hands from UV rays, fights signs of premature ageing and improves moisture levels and skin elasticity.
It's important to apply hand cream or moisturiser every time you wash your hands, as they become dry and dehydrated after each wash. In fact, applying it every two hours is better for maintaining skin nutrition and elasticity. In addition, applying hand cream thickly every night before going to bed is also good for keeping the skin on your hands smooth and soft.
So ready to add hand cream to your skincare regime?
At Health & Beyond, we'll customise it just for you!
You'll be in charge of the design of your hand cream packaging, you'll be in charge of the formulation of your hand cream, including whitening and moisturising, and you'll be able to choose and match over 100 scents.
Bespoke hand creams
Whether you need more information, samples, a quote, we'd love to talk to you. For more information, click on this link to contact us now.